The Ontario Municipal Engineers Association (MEA) is an association of public sector Professional Engineers in the full time employment of municipalities performing the various functions that comprise the field of municipal engineering.
To provide unity and focus for licensed engineers employed by Ontario’s municipalities through addressing issues of common concern and by facilitating the sharing of knowledge and information.
- Develops and champions positions on municipal engineering issues
- Advocates for sustainable municipal infrastructure practices
- Enables knowledge development and dissemination in the field of municipal engineering
- Is the leading authority on municipal engineering practices
- Develops, maintains and distributes best practice technical documentation and expertise for use by both private and public sector municipal engineering practitioners.
- As Joint owner with the MTO manages, promotes and keeps the Ontario Provincial Standards System as the provincially recognized authority for the design and construction of infrastructure.
- Provides a venue through which members can network, socialize and share knowledge
- Provides mentorship and career growth opportunities
- Is the proponent and maintainer of the Municipal Class Environmental Assessment process for Municipal Public works.
The MEA is seeking a new Executive Director to replace John Simmonds who will be retiring this year. For information click HERE