News & Information
ANNUAL FALL WORKSHOP UPDATE
September 5, 2018
The 59th Annual Fall Workshop
- VENUE CHANGE - The Workshop will now take place at the Valhalla Inn Thunder Bay, from November 21st to November 23rd, 2018.
- ACCOMMODATION - You may book your accommodation at the Valhalla Inn using Group Code 181120MUNI online (after 2pm on Sept 5th) or by calling thier toll free number at 1-800-964-1121 and mentioning the "Municipal Engineers Association" in order to benefit from the group rate. Applicable to bookings between Tuesday Nov 20th (check-in) and Friday November 23rd (check-out).
- TRANSPORTATION - If you plan to travel by road, Thunder Bay is found at the crossroads of Ontario Highways 11, 17 & 61. For members flying in from the Toronto area, the Thunder Bay International Airport receives 15 daily, direct flights from both Pearson and Billy Bishop Airports. Please use the promo codes below while booking.The discount should be at least 10%;
o Porter Airlines : MEAW18
o Air Canada : 8HFTF8B1
- REGISTRATION, PROGRAM & TOURS- Early bird registration should be open by late-September and a draft Program made available.
- YPs - Tuesday evening November 20th, there will be a gathering of YPs at the Hospitality Suite to kickoff the Workshop. This will be a geat opportunity to connect with your YP peers, which can be maintained throughout the Workshop. YP Committee members will also be there to answer any questions.
- If there are dietary or accessibility needs or for more information, please contact Rick Harms at RHarms@thunderbay.ca. You may visit here for other items such as the Annaul Bridge Breaking Contest, Annual MEA Hockey Games and presentations from previous years. Photos from previous workshops can be found here (log in required).
Stay tuned for details!