MEA/OGRA Training and Workshops
The MEA (in partnership with the OGRA) offers a comprehensive Municipal Infrastructure Training (MIT) program during the first 4 months of the year. These courses are taught by volunteers employed in the municipal engineering field and provide a detailed and practical approach to this subject.
In addition there are seminars and workshops on topics of interest that are advertised separately from the above program.
Municipal Infrastructure Certification Program
The Municipal Engineers Association (MEA) announced its new “Municipal Infrastructure Certification” Program which commenced in January 2018.
The MEA’s program, in conjunction with Ontario Good Roads Association (OGRA), formally recognizes the amalgamated training efforts of individuals in a number of categories which are highly valued by municipal infrastructure professionals.
Municipal Infrastructure Certification is available for the following categories:
• Construction Materials • Inspection • Road Design • Buried Infrastructure • Generalist
Training currently required for the certification is offered through the Municipal Infrastructure Training (MIT) program together with MEA’s Municipal Class Environmental Assessment (MCEA) training. MEA certification will be provided to applicants who successfully meet the criteria in any one of the categories.
You may already have successfully completed requisite courses. To view your transcript of courses completed, visit www.ogra.org or call the OGRA office for assistance at 289-291-6472.
If you are interested in pursuing this valuable certification, please see application form. Additional information can be found on the MEA’s and/or OGRA’s websites at www.municipalengineers.on.ca or www.ogra.org.
MIT Training Dates 2019:
|January||14-18||TM32||General Inspection||CHSI Presentation North and South||1,300.00|
|21-Feb 1||TM36||Scott McKay Bituminous Technology||CHSI Conference East & Central||2,900.00|
|28-Feb 1||TM33||Scott McKay Soils & Technology||CHSI Conference West||1,450.00|
|February||4-8||TM43||Sewer & Watermain Construction Inspection||CHSI Conference East & Central||1,450.00|
|4-8||TM35||Scott McKay Concrete Technology||CHSI Conference West||1,450.00|
|March||4-8||TM46||Advanced Sewer & Watermain Construction Inspection||CHSI Conference East||1,450.00|
|25-29||TM37||Road Design: Intersections||CHSI Conference East||1,300.00|
|25-29||TM31||Storm Sewer Design||CHSI Presentation North and South||1,450.00|
|April||1-5||TM47||Stormwater Management||CHSI Training room 5/6||1,300.00|
|8-12||TM45||Bridge & Structure Inspection||CHSI Conference Centre East & Central||1,300.00|
|8-12||TM42||Watermain Design||CHSI Conference West||1,450.00|
|8-12||TM41||Sanitary Sewer Design||CHSI Presentation North||1,300.00|
|29-May 3||TM30||Road Design: Geometrics||CHSI Conference East||1,300.00|
Are you interested in sharing your road design knowledge and experience? Do you need PEAK professional development hours? We’re recruiting Course Directors and Presenters for the Road Design: Intersections course which will run later this year in Mississauga. We’re looking for volunteers who are:
- comfortable speaking in front of groups
- experienced in geometric design of at-grade roadway intersections in Ontario
- have a working knowledge of the TAC Geometric Design Guide.
Benefits of volunteering with OGRA’s education department:
- Counts towards PEAK and OACETT professional development hours
- Education credits for each day teaching which value one day’s registration fee. These credits are transferable and can be redeemed for any course at Road School, any Municipal Infrastructure Training course, Snow School, and our Managing Winter Operations Workshop.
- OGRA covers accommodation, mileage (@ $0.50/km), and meals
For more information or to volunteer, contact Janelle Warren, OGRA Manager Professional Development & Training, firstname.lastname@example.org.
REFUNDS AND CANCELLATION:
- If written cancellation is received at least 10 working days in advance – 100% refund
- If written cancellation is received 9-3 working days in advance – 50% refund
- If written cancellation is received less than 3 working days in advance – No Refund
- If payment has not been received at the time of cancellation, an invoice will be issued for the appropriate amount as costs have already been incurred.
- If circumstances prevent a previously registered person from attending a course, substitutions are permitted up to and on the day of the event.