What is the YP Committee?
We are here to engage and to gain access to the wealth of knowledge and experience of established professionals (EPs).
This committee, which was formed in 2017, aims to achieve a YP perspective of matters related to the Municipal Engineers Association (MEA) and to provide young professionals opportunities to develop, network and have access to mentorship from established municipal engineering professionals. The main objectives of the committee include:
- Increase the number of young engineers as members of MEA
- Provide networking opportunities for YPs in the MEA
- Leverage different types of communication (i.e., social media) to engage a younger demographic
- Look for ways to mentor YPs and connect them with more established MEA members
Who we are?
The perception of a young professional is unique to the individual. The general guide for membership used by this committee is “an Engineer who is 35 and under OR who has less than 10 years of experience, and is currently working for a municipality”.
For more information, feel free to contact our Committee and get on our mailing list. Our committee members are ambitious YPs who have a passion for improving and protecting their municipalities through good engineering principles.
- Committee Chair: Billy Cheung
- Contact meayoungprofessionals@gmail.
How can you get involved?
stay current by subscribing to our LinkedIn group, follow us on twitter, or send us an email.
Upcoming YP Events
- Toronto Pearson International Airport Tour, Mississauga – August 16, 2019
Tour starts at 8:30a.m.
For Tour Itinerary and to register, CLICK HERE!
Past YP Events
- Meet and Greet at the Annual General Meeting (Thunder Bay, November 2018)
- York Region VivaNext Bus Operations Centre Tour (York Region, Richmond Hill, August 2018)
- Meet and Greet at the Annual General Meeting (Brampton, November 2017)