Call for Volunteers
January 14, 2019
FEB 22/ 2019 NOTE - THESE POSITIONS HAVE BEEN FILLED - THANKS TO THOSE WHO EXPRESSED INTEREST
The OPS Environmental Committee and the OPS Standards Management Committee each have a vacancy the MEA needs to fill.
The OPS Environmental Committee is responsible for standards relating to the environment such as the management of excess materials, waterbody and fisheries protection, tree protection, planting, topsoil, sodding, seed and cover, temporary erosion and sediment control measures. The MEA needs a member for the OPS Environmental Committee who has:
- experience with municipal construction practices and contract administration
- knowledge of the development and application of standards and specifications
- background/expertise related to environmental protection and natural systems
The OPS Standards Management Committee formulates and recommends policies to the OPS Advisory Board and implements them once approved. The committee also provides direction and coordinates the activities of the various OPS Speciality Committess, approves standards for publishing and distribution.The MEA seeks a member for the OPS Standards Management Committee who has:
- experience design of roads, cuvlerts, sewers and watermains
- experience in municipal construction practices and contract administration
- experience in the use of OPS specifications/drawings
Volunteering on MEA Committees qualifies for PEO PEAK hours for Continuing Knowledge.
If you are interested in either of these committees, please send a resume or brief bio to support your application to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Friday February 8, 2019. Your application will be shared with the respective committee chairs for consideration.
Applications will be treated confidentially.